Not just jazz

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Carted Away

Speed thrills but kills - Read this at a traffic light in Bangalore few weeks ago. Ironically, while reading this board, we were speeding on a bike on a not so empty road.

I agree with the ad as I am slightly sceptical about riding bikes at high speeds. The sceptism could be a result of a small freaky bike accident I had few months ago. Speeding bikes and cars gives me a chill down my spine. I prefer taking it easy and playing safe.

And yesterday I went karting for the first time. At the first sight, I decided to kart in a 2 seater with my friend driving. As we started, he sped along so quick that I was almost petrified that I will die.... I yelled with fear and laughed because I was enjoying every minute of it... all at the same time. He increased pace further, drifted and screeched. Felt like some racing video game. He tried all the racing stunts and all along I was laughing and enjoying myself. Was I laughing because it was helping me forget my fear... I don't know. We did 7 laps and the ride was super!!

I was offered to do the single... but me being a me thought I wouldn't be able to handle that speed. My friend raced alone this time (feel stupid to have not done the single)

Tried my hand at pool after ages.... sucked at it big time. In a short time the lights on the racing track were up and my friend and I decided to race again. Initially I wanted to do the double with him. But he coaxed me to try driving this time for couple of laps. I for once, got brave and decided to give it at shot. I raced pretty well. I screeched and tried drifting. I accelerated, and timed all my turns pretty well. Did 7 laps with 2 glitches in between. But for a first time, I did well. I was happy. I can't end this blog without thanking my friend who convinced me to do it. Thank you :-)

After all the gaming, had a quiet dinner at a swanky restaurant in B'lore. A day well spent.

3 Comments:

Blogger 28112 said...

Way to go girl.........there's always a first time and then from then on there's no stopping ....whatsay?????????? ready to race again?

3:18 PM  
Blogger Mithun said...

Girl, you roll.

From a bumper sticker, "I don't drive fast. I just fly low."

10:49 PM  
Blogger Pari said...

ahaa ... indeed a great day!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home