Not just jazz

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Blink

Sometimes there are things you want so badly in life which happen to you just like the blink of an eye.

One moment it isn't around and the next moment it is all yours. Is this just coincidence?

I r'ber reading a line from the book The Alchemist - Paulo Cohelo
"I truly believe....When you want something really badly......like your heart is yearning for it...then the whole universe conspires for you to get it!!"


This statement actually makes you believe that you have complete control over your life and can achieve what you want.

Pondering over the line mentioned above, if that's how life works, then what about the law of karma? Does that exist? My belief is that it does exist. But I also believe in the line from The Alchemist. Things have happened to me time and again which re-affirms my belief in the philosophy .


The question that still remains with me is that wanting something real bad may also be a part of my karma? Is there any way to find out? Maybe or maybe not!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mithun said...

you WILL get all that you want and more.. amen

12:36 AM  
Blogger Chintan Vora said...

if you think very practically on this question, then you will realize that when you really want something very badly, you will both knowingly and unknowingly give it your best shot, and that is usually enough to get u there. Most of the time we do things becuase we have to and not because we want to and thats where we fall short. Thats what paul coleho means when he says that "the whle universe conspires with you" by universe he means your "universe". All people, places, things and means at ur disposal...

2:16 AM  
Blogger 28112 said...

I believe in the statement from Alchemist too.....Yes indeed you get when your heart yearns for something but I don't think we have any control over it. The universe conspires...things just fall into place on their own....karma is probably what occurs after the things fall into their designated places....because of we are the creators of our own misery too....so making intelligent choices is as important as executing our choices intelligently.....nice post...liked it..

2:06 PM  
Blogger Swati said...

@ M: :)

@ Chintan: True! But after knowingly and unknowingly giving it my best shot, I fail to achieve something then I didn't do well enough or was it not meant to be?

@ green-eyed goblin: Thanks for stopping by :)
Having no control over things which mean the most to us makes us puppets in this world... isnt it?

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home